This is only a small section of the map. This map was the result of a survey conducted by H.W. Bayfield. It was created by Surveyor General George Wright Esq. in 1852. H.J. Cundall, L.S. made further additions and corrections in 1874. Interesting to note is the dark dotted line along the Tryon Road (TransCanada Highway) the line signified electric telegraph lines. The Post Offices (P.O.) in Cornwall and North River, the grist mill (*G), the Methodist Wesleyan Church (Wes.) are also marked on the map. Perhaps most interesting is "Pye's". Obviously at this time, the name of community (Cornwall) had been established, but "Pye's" was still marked. Records do indicate that John Pye ran a tavern, perhaps this tavern was the landmark of the community. Some older residents of Cornwall still refer to the TransCanada Highway/Meadow Bank Road/Cornwall Road intersection as Pye's Corner.