Grand Tracadie Collection

Pages

Lorn Hotel
Lorn Hotel
The Lorn Hotel was built in Approximately 1878 facing the dunes at Blooming point. It would eventually be renamed the Acadia Hotel under new management. The hotel burned in August 1906.
MacKinnon Family out on the waters Tracadie Bay
MacKinnon Family out on the waters Tracadie Bay
The MacKinnon Family out in their row boat behind their farm in Tracadie Bay.
MacKinnon Farm
MacKinnon Farm
Workers harvest the crop of hay on the MacKinnon/Glenaladale Farm in Blooming Point. The harvester in the photo would have been one of few in the region at the time.
Maurice Fitzpatrick recounts story of folklore
Maurice Fitzpatrick recounts story of folklore
Maurice Fitzpatrick recounts old folklore story.
Michael MacKinnon
Michael MacKinnon
Photo of Michael MacKinnon who fought in WW2, and his head stone.
Millcove School
Millcove School
Photo of the old Millcove school.
National Park Ball Team
National Park Ball Team
The National Park All-Stars. Back Left - Mike Connolly, John Hughes, Kenny Fitzpatrick, Joe Caswell, Vince Bradley, Joe MacDougall, Maurice Fitzpatrick. Front Left - Philip Arbing, Hubie Morrison, Frank Bradley, Gerard Mitchell, Alfred (Chick) Morrison, Kevin Hughes. Baseball has been a great pass time in Grand Tracadie and its surrounding areas for years, but it wasn't until after WW2 that leagues became more organized. Games were played inside the National Park, at Stanhope Cape directly across from the Bayshore road gate. If you look in the picture you can see the posts outlining the parking lot at Stanhope Cape.
Nelly J Banks
Nelly J Banks
The famous rum running ship that supplied PEI during prohibition.
Old Blooming Point School
Old Blooming Point School
Photo of the old Blooming Point School house, which has been converted into a cottage and still stands on the Blooming Pt. Rd.
Old Donaldston School
Old Donaldston School
Photo of the Old Donaldston School originally established in 1855.
Old Donaldston School at the end
Old Donaldston School at the end
The old Donaldston school at the end of it's days. Originally established in 1855.
Old Fishing Boats in the Winterbay
Old Fishing Boats in the Winterbay
Fisherman's boats moored in the Winterbay. Boat owners: Anneus MacDougal, Peter Hughes, John B. MacKinnon, Johnny Fred Watts. At that time fisherman in Grand Tracadie would pull their boats up onto the shore in Corran Ban and turn them upside down for the winter.

Pages