Grand Tracadie Collection

Pages

Fish Factory
Fish Factory
Photo of one of the two old fish factories that was located on the road down to Tracadie Beach.
Fisherman land their catch on Tracadie Beach
Fisherman land their catch on Tracadie Beach
Photo of fisherman landing their catch on Tracadie Beach taken from Hotel Acadia brochure pg. 3, 1905.
Fisherman on Tracadie Beach
Fisherman on Tracadie Beach
Back Left- Lee R Clow, Johnny Fred Watts, Wally Clow, Peter Hughes, James MacAuley, Agnes MacDougall, Frankie Watts, John B MacKinnon, Pat MacDougall Front Left- Leith Watts, Sterling Clow, Harry Watts, Bobby Clow, (Frankie Watts hired man) Harold Blanquiere.
Fishing Boat at the old Tracadie Harbour
Fishing Boat at the old Tracadie Harbour
Fishing boat tied up at the old Tracadie Harbour.
Fishing Boat in Tracadie Harbour
Fishing Boat in Tracadie Harbour
Old Fishing boat sails out of Tracadie Harbour. It wasn't until 1910 that the first motor boat appeared on PEI.
Fitzpatrick General Store, Tracadie Cross
Fitzpatrick General Store, Tracadie Cross
Advertisement for the Fitzpatrick General Store in Tracadie Cross.
Francis Watts first house in Grand Tracadie 1853
Francis Watts first house in Grand Tracadie 1853
The first home of Francis Watts in Grand Tracadie.
Fred Watts old sign
Fred Watts old sign
In photo Fred Watts's old Fish Depo sign off his truck.
George MacDonald with his family
George MacDonald with his family
This MacDonald Family lived on the Queens Point Road where Maurice MacDonalds potato warehouse stand now. Back left: Hector MacDonald, Gertrude MacDonald, George Macdonald(Father), Kathleen (MacDonald) Greenan, Courtney MacDonald. Front left: Eleanor (MacDonald) MacIntyre, Jack MacDonald, Imelda (MacDonald) McQuaid.
George Neville
George Neville
Photo of George Neville and and team of three horses.
Glanaladale Farm House
Glanaladale Farm House
The Glenaladale Farm house has been a staple at the bottom of the Blooming point road since it was completed in 1884 by Sir William MacDonald. In these photos the house is roughly one hundred years old, and under the long time ownership of the MacKinnon family.

Pages