Souris Collection

Pages

1 Church Ave
1 Church Ave
The house on 1 Church Ave was built before 1907 for Dr. Fred MacDonald, Veterinarian. He married Ella Matthew, daughter of Uriah Matthew. This is a Queen Anne Revival style home.
10 Hebrew Avenue
10 Hebrew Avenue
The house located on 10 Hebrew Ave, was built around 1900 by Matthew and McLean Company. The house was first rented by Dr. James Houston.
10 Prince Avenue
10 Prince Avenue
The house located on 10 Prince Ave, was built by William Brennan before 1877. William was the Captain of the Militia in 1878 and a noted artist.
11 Breakwater Street
11 Breakwater Street
The house on 11 Breakwater St, was built in 1887. Many families had lived there over the years since it had been built. Dr. A Kennedy purchased the home in 1967 and he and his family opened a medical practice there.
11 Chapel Ave
11 Chapel Ave
The house located on 11 Chapel Ave, was built in 1864 and was part of the 10 original farms here in Souris.
11 Hebrew Street
11 Hebrew Street
The house located on 11 Hebrew St, was built around 1873 by Billy Dingwell.
115 Main Street
115 Main Street
The house on 115 Main St, was built around 1876 by Billy Dingwell. Originally built for Syl Campbell, a shoe maker who had a shop in his home. He was the first Preventive Officer in the town hall between 1905-1911. The house in now divided into apartments.
116 Main Street
116 Main Street
The house on 116 Main Street, was built in 1873 for the Souris Methodist Church Land was given to the church by John Knight, and Billy Dingwell was the architect and builder. This building was used over the years for a fishing supplies store, appliance shop, carpet shop, and a convenience store.
119 Main Street
119 Main Street
The house on 119 Main St, was built by Charles Anderson in 1872. He ran a tavern there for many years. Bruce Yeo owned this house in the 1930's, he bought the first talking movies to Souris in the building to be known as the "Souris Cinema". Andrew McIntosh later took possession of the home and turned it into a barbershop.
12 Dr. AA MacDonald (Dr. Gus)
12 Dr. AA MacDonald (Dr. Gus)
Photos of Dr. Gus
12 Hebrew Avenue
12 Hebrew Avenue
The house on 12 Hebrew Avenue, was built in 1887. The town policeman Peter Paul lived in this home with his family.
12Dr. Gus's medical equipment/ Gravestone
12Dr. Gus's medical equipment/ Gravestone
This is a photo of the medical equipment that Dr. Gus used since his practice in 1902, underneath is a photo of his gravestone which is located at St. Mary's cemetery in Souris.

Pages